Kensington, Kansas (66951)
- Corn Prices Add to Upside
- At the close for the Thursday session corn was 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 cents higher. Red December prices were up 4 1/2 cents to $5.05 1/2. USDA reported a flash export sale of 138,403 MT of corn to Guatemala this morning. USDA’s weekly Export Sales report showed corn bookings...
- Wheats Gained on Thursday
- Front month wheat futures added another double digits to several contract months on Thursday. CBT SRW futures closed 9 1/4 to 12 3/4 cents higher. Carry from December to March was 10 3/4 cents. Kansas City wheat prices ended the session with 10 3/4 to 14 cent gains. March ended...
- Hogs Rally on Thursday
- Lean hog futures ended the Thursday round of trade with triple digit gains, led by a $3.12 recovery in December. October contracts ended up by 90 cents so far – but were still an $8.25 premium to December. USDA’s National Average Base hog price for Thursday PM was $76.53 after...
- Triple Digit Thursday Gains for Cotton
- Cotton futures ended the Thursday session with triple digit gains of 113 to 159 points. At the close December was 13 above the week’s start price, having fully erased Monday’s collapse. USDA’s weekly Export Sales report had 345,383 RBs of cotton booked during the week ending 9/16. That was up...
- Cattle Contracts Gain on Thursday
- Live cattle futures were firm for October and December contracts, closing within 7 cents of UNCH. The 2022 contracts extended gains, however, closing 35 to 42 cents in the black. USDA says cash trade for the week has remained light mostly at $123-$124 in the South and $124 in NE....
- Soy Futures Ended with Firmness
- Front month soybean futures were higher on Thursday, though gains were limited to 2 1/4 cents. Red Nov prices were a penny higher to $12.53/bu. Soymeal futures gave back $1.30 to $1.70/ton on Thursday. Front month soybean oil traded 67 to 71 points higher, firm with midday’s quotes. Export Sales...