Kensington, Kansas (66951)
- Wheats Drop Double Digits
- The Thursday wheat market went home with some double digit losses. CBT futures ended with 5 1/2 to 8 cent losses. Kansas City prices were 11 to 12 1/4 cents in the red. Spring wheat prices closed 4 1/2 cents to 7 1/2 cents red. USDA had wheat export bookings...
- Cattle Fade on Thursday
- Through Thursday’s session live cattle futures worked $0.75 to $0.97 weaker. USDA reported cash trade for the week was wide ranged from $123 - $127 on Wednesday. Central Stockyard’s second FCE auction resulted in no sales. packers bid mostly $122, but up to $124, while feed lots were looking for...
- Cotton Gives Back Gains on Thursday
- After the midweek rally left cotton nearly 300 points, Thursday’s session fell back 428 to 459 points. Dollar Index was back higher on Thursday. Cotton export sales during the week ending 10/14 were 391,796 RBs. That was up 167% from the week prior, and 72% above the same week last...
- Beans Slide 20 on Thursday
- At the close, soy futures were down 19 to 21 1/2 cents. The November to November spread was 1 1/2 cents firmer to now a 5 3/4 cent carry. cmdtyView data shows the ECB’s bean basis at 42 3/4 cents under Nov, compared to -39 cents at the start of...
- Corn Market Fades on Thursday
- At the close for Thursday, front month corn futures had given back 4 1/4 to 7 cents. That left the December to December spread at a 2 1/4 cent premium for spot corn. The ECB basis was firm for Thursday but weaker for the week to 30.25 cents under Dec....
- Hogs Faded Triple Digits
- Lean hog futures fell $1.77 to $2.82 on Thursday. USDA’s National Average Base hog price was $65.43 after dropping another $1.50. CME’s Lean Hog Index was 74 cents weaker to $85.89 on 10/19. Export Sales data from the USDA’s FAS had pork bookings at 20.9k MT for the week ending...