Kensington, Kansas (66951)
- Hogs Set New Yearly Lows
- The December hog contract set a new low for the year at $76.12, a level last seen in December of ’21. October stayed above its July and May lows, but was still down another triple digits. The December is now a $12.45 discount to October. The National Average Afternoon Base...
- Triple Digit Weakness in Morning Cotton
- Cotton prices are currently down 180 points for the Wednesday session. The cotton market tried a Turnaround Tuesday early in the session and got back near Monday’s open before the selloff continued. At the close, the board settled with another loss of 28 to 55 points in the front months....
- Tight Overnight has Corn Firm but Red
- Overnight corn trading kept prices within a tighter but mostly lower 7 cent range. Futures are sitting fractionally to 1 1/2 cents lower ahead of the day session’s start. The 2023/24 new crop contracts ended the Tuesday session fractionally weaker, as the front months yielded ground and settled just 1...
- Soy Fading for Wednesday
- So far for the midweek session, soy futures are trading red with losses of 9 cents in the beans, 40 cents in the meal and 1.2 cents in the soy oil. November dropped to $14 overnight. Soybeans shed 26 cent intraday gains on Tuesday and ultimately settled 1 to 3...
- October Fat Cattle Firm for Cash Market
- At the close for the Tuesday session live cattle futures were down by another 45 to 67 cents. October was the exception with a 10 cent bounce to $143.57 – staying close to the recent cash market. The Tuesday FCE auction saw none of the 1,199 head sold. Bids maxed...
- Wheat Market Near Net Even for Week
- Wednesday’s day session is set to begin with prices mostly a dime higher. Futures fell more than 20 cents from their intraday highs yesterday, but still closed in the black on Tuesday. SRW prices went home up by 9 1/4 to 13 1/2 cents in the front months. Preliminary open...