Kensington, Kansas (66951)
- July Cotton Has Near Limit Loss
- July cotton fell over 3% on Thursday with a 455 point loss and closed just 25 points off the low. New crop cotton started Thursday weak as well, but followed the other row crops higher. The new crop contracts went home on Thursday with 28 to 53 point losses. July’s...
- Cattle Close Mostly Lower
- Live cattle futures closed mixed as the nearby June and August months held onto 7 to 10 cent gains due to the firmer cash market. The deferred months ended the day 2 to 27 cents weaker, which loosened the Dec-June premium to $11.42. USDA reported light Thursday cash business from...
- Hogs Closed Triple Digits Higher
- Front month lean hog futures ended the Thursday round of trading with triple digit gains of as much as $3.87 in the July contract. USDA’s National Average Base Hog price for Thursday afternoon was $1.27 weaker to $111.35. CME’s Lean Hog Index for 5/24 was up by 84 cents to...
- Corn Futures Close Mid-Range on Red Thursday
- Front month corn prices ended the day with 3 1/2 to 7 1/4 cent losses. The board was down double digits early on Thursday before rising into midday. That rally ultimately failed and the market closed mostly mid-range USDA reported 151,646 MT of old crop corn was sold for export...
- Soybeans Close Off Highs but Still Up Double Digits
- After overnight weakness the soy complex took off as July beans were up +50 cents by midday. Going into the close the rally cooled off and soybeans went home 22 1/2 to 45 1/2 cents in the black. Meal futures also cooled off, but held onto $3.80 to $4.10/ton gains....
- Mixed Thursday for Wheat Market
- Wheat futures followed soybeans higher through midday, and rallied +40 cents off Thursday’s earlier lows. Ultimately winter wheat futures faded back to red for the close. SRW ended the day 3 1/4 to 5 cents lower in the front months, and KC wheat closed with 3 1/2 to 4 3/4...